Thursday, August 13, 2009

VOICES OF UNREASON

"You may be dead in five years, they may euthanize you."
-- Val Butsicaric to Reprentative John Dingell at a town hall meeting in Michigan.
.
"If they don't let us vent our frustrations out, they will have a revolution.
-- Mary Ann Fieser to Senator Claire McCaskill at a town hall meeting in Missouri.

"You are trampling on our Constitution. You and your cronies in the government do this kind of stuff all the time. One day God is going to stand before you and he's going to judge you."
-- Craig Anthony Miller to Senator Arlen Spector at a town hall meeting in Pennsylvania.



"It says right plainly here they want to limit the type of care the elderly can get. They are talking about killing people."
-- Laural Tobias to Senator Arlen Spector at a town hall meeting in Pennsylvania.

"This is about the dismantling of this country. We don't want this country to turn into Russia."
-- Katy Abram to Senator Arlen Spector at a town hall meeting in Pennsylvania..

"I know the years down the road I don't want my children coming up to me and asking me, 'Mom, why didn't you do anything? Why do we have to wait in line for, I don't know, toilet paper or anything?'"
-- Katy Abram, later, on Fox News.

"Euthanize Obama!"
-- an unnamed protester outside President Barack Obama's town hall meeting in New Hampshire.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did not wish you happy birthday and I should have earlier. Happy Birthday. They were a lot more fun age 16 thru 28. Pot brownies, drunk stoned uninhibited girls wanting to hump you happy birthday.
It can be very sucky getting older.

But the main thing that I wanted to weigh into is this health care issue. As a really unbalanced and a bit emotionally ill surgeon this whole thing has gotten blown out of proportion.

Health care is important, everyone is entitled to decent quality care at a price they can afford and if they can not afford it then it should be free.

Twice a month I perform low cost or free surgeries for those who need it. True I have to cut some corners to keep the costs down but there are so many luxury things people can go without.

I have a barbque basket that I put my instruments in and boil them inbetween patients. Four shots of cheap vodka (two for kids) makes people numb enough for me to do my job at a fraction of the cost of anesthetics. Some of my colleagues criticize me but they are simply jealous of my powers to heal as well as the money they loose because I do the work for free. Over half of my patients survive, a record that I am quite proud of. One Saturday the town was having its annual tag sale on the green and we were able to do over 50 procedures. No one had to fill out a single form.

Again Happy Birthday. Next time in town we can go to Night Trips tell the girls its your birthday and for two hundred bucks you can have a great time. Probably no cake.

Dr. Morocco