Friday, March 28, 2008

This is exactly how I remember it.

I dove deep into the dark water, fighting for the light and life of the surface even as white-coated people below tried to drown me. One had me by the throat, holding my face still, as another forced water up my nose.

I was all so horrifying and obviously nightmarish that I decided I must be dreaming. So I tried to wake up. But I couldn't. I tried all the tricks of lucid dreaming. None of them worked. The last thing I remember thinking as I choked for air was, "From some dreams, you just don't wake up."

That's exactly how I remember it. I was later told I yanked out four nasal tubes before the white-coats stopped trying to insert one.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Marc: I have been worried. Haven't heard from Roseanne for a few days.

Between you,Courtney Love and Brittany Spears my life is just so tangled. Hope your cats are well. If you get a fever they will love you more. My theory with cats is that when you are sick, especially when running a fever they "heal by absorbing" the extra heat. Cats are so unselfish.

Hope to see you soon.

Joe

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If ossible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Aparelho de DVD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://aparelho-dvd.blogspot.com. A hug.

Anonymous said...

RE: The cats. That explains a lot, although I prefer to believe it's the warmth of my personality.