Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Future ex-presidential advisor Karl Rove made the rounds of the TV talk shows last Sunday. Here's some of what he had to say.

On NBC's "Meet the Press," David Gregory asked about the downward slide of the Republican party.

Karl: "Well, look, everyone who identifies with the Republican Party ought to, ought to, ought to feel some responsibility." (But it wasn't specifically his fault.)

David: "Why did you push to fire some U.S. attorneys in the president's second term?"

Karl: "I know you don't understand you're being an agent of Congress when you ask me that question. But you are." (And it wasn't his fault.)

David asked if Rove owed Valerie Wilson an apology for outing her as a C.I.A. agent.

Karl: "No." (It wasn't his fault.)

Chris Wallace on "Fox News Sunday" asked why in the world Rove would do a rap act as "M.C. Rove" at the White House Correspondents' Association dinner in March.

Karl: "They dragged me up there." (It wasn't his fault).

On "Face the Nation, CBS's Bob Schieffer asked why Rove was even subjecting himself to the Sunday morning TV talk shows.

Karl: "Somebody else made the decision for me. I'm just doing what I was instructed to do." (It wasn't his fault.)

No comments: